Enrollment Checklists for Accepted Students
To be fully enrolled, all students must:
- Make your deposit at mitchell.edu/deposit to secure your spot in the Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 class!
- Check your Admissions Portal often! This is where you’ll find important updates in your journey to becoming fully enrolled. Login at https://admissions.mitchell.edu/apply/status.
- Sign and submit Financial Responsibility Form. Parent signature required if student is under 18.
- Submit Student Health Form: To be completed by student and doctor. A physical must be dated within 12 months prior to the beginning of the fall semester. Student Health Form must include vaccination record.
- Complete the online Student Survey (in your portal)
- Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, we are waiving the WritePlacer Requirement. New incoming students will work with their academic advisor in determining their English course placement.
- Starting May 1, submit Housing Request. The Housing Application for deposited students opens May 1, 2021. The link to the housing application will be in your portal; login information and instructions will be sent via email. Application closes June 30.
- Complete Insurance Waiver: If you have insurance through a parent or the state that will cover you in Connecticut you will WAIVE the school’s insurance policy; otherwise you will ENROLL in the school’s policy. (This waiver goes live on June 1 and the deadline for completion is July 1.
- Varsity Athletes must submit NCAA Health Forms. A physical must be dated within 6 months of the start of your sports season AND it must be completed on the NCAA Physical Form linked here:
Academic Support & Accessibility Services
Submit Application for the Bentsen Learning Center – BLC including required documents. The BLC is an optional fee-based academic support program for students with documented learning differences. Learn more about the Bentsen Learning Center. For Fall 2021 BLC enrollment, the deadline to submit BLC application is May 15, 2020.
Submit Accessibility Request for Services Form and necessary documentation to the Accessibility Services Office (applicable to any student needing classroom or living accommodations due to a disability). For more information, please visit the Accessibility Services webpage.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if you are interested in obtaining need based financial aid, either from federal and state resources or Mitchell College’s own funds. For questions, please contact our Financial Aid Office at 860-701-5057.
- Sign and submit your Financial Aid Award Letter within 2 weeks of receipt. Financial aid will not be applied to your bill until the award letter is returned.
- Complete and Submit Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Notes for any federal loans. Student Loans will not be applied to your bill until these two items are complete. For information, visit www.studentloans.gov.
- Submit Financial Aid Verification Documents. Visit your Admissions Portal to see if this applies to you.