Application Steps for Fall 2022
- Apply for Fall 2022 by completing the Common App or the user-friendly Unique Minds App; express your interest in Thames on the application.
- Submit the following to your application portal:
- A copy of the most recent IEP or 504 Plan
- Secondary school transcripts and if applicable, college transcripts
- At least one letter of recommendation, preferably from a guidance counselor or teacher
- Comprehensive diagnostic assessment including:
- Results from the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV), the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-IV), or other comprehensive cognitive tests, such as the Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Abilities. Test results should be accompanied by a narrative report and subtest scores and;
- Results from an individually administered achievement test (e.g., Woodcock-Johnson, WIAT) indicating current levels in reading, written language, and math.
- The Parent Statement:
- This is an opportunity for the Admissions Committee to get to know the applicant’s academic journey through the words of their parents. We are looking for a one-page statement on where your student has been educationally, where they are now, and the parent’s goals for the Thames program. We also can offer a phone or zoom conversation in lieu of a written document.
Upload all Application documents to your application portal or mail directly to the College:
437 Pequot Avenue
New London CT 06320
- Schedule your on-campus interview. Applicants are required to participate in an on-campus interview by emailing email@example.com. Because we receive a high volume of applications each semester, families are encouraged to tour the campus and meet with Admissions early in their search.
What to Expect After You Apply for Admission
- Applicants will receive an acknowledgement email confirming receipt of their online application and a phone call of introduction reviewing the application process.
- If you have not visited Thames yet, we will help you schedule a visit and an interview. Email Colin Brady, Director of External Recruitment and Student Success at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-701-5040 to learn more.
- When your application is complete, it will be reviewed. Applicants are selected with holistic consideration of their records. If follow-up questions arise, you may be contacted by a member of the Admissions team.
- Decision notifications are sent on a rolling basis as soon as an admission decision is made (typically 2-3 weeks from the time of submission of the completed application).
- You are welcome to contact us any time during and after the admission process at email@example.com or 800-443-2811. We appreciate staying in close touch with you to provide the best possible advice concerning your decision and subsequent plans.