Apply Today | Find Out in 3 Weeks!
We’re awaiting your application!
Applications are now being accepted for our Thames at Mitchell College Fall 2020 incoming class. We follow a rolling admissions policy, continuing to accept applications until the class is full. Applications will be reviewed after they are complete and decision notifications will be sent within two to three weeks after review.
Application Steps for Fall 2020
- Apply for Fall 2020 by completing our user-friendly Unique Minds Application and express your interest in Thames on the application, or apply through the Common App and express your interest in Thames on the application. During the application process you will be asked to complete a Thames Supplemental Application.
- Submit the following to your application portal:
- Thames Supplemental Application (located in your application portal)
- A copy of the most recent IEP or 504 Plan
- Secondary school transcripts and if applicable, college transcripts
- At least one letter of recommendation, preferably from a guidance counselor or teacher
- Comprehensive diagnostic assessment including:
- Results from the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV), the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-IV), or other comprehensive cognitive tests, such as the Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Abilities. Test results should be accompanied by a narrative report and subtest scores and;
- Results from an individually administered achievement test (e.g., Woodcock-Johnson, WIAT) indicating current levels in reading, written language, and math.
Upload all Application documents to your application portal or mail directly to the College:
437 Pequot Avenue
New London CT 06320
- Schedule your on-campus interview. Applicants are required to participate in an on-campus interview by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Because we receive a high volume of applications each semester, families are encouraged to tour the campus and meet with Admissions early in their search.
What to Expect After You Apply for Admission
- Applicants will receive an acknowledgement email confirming receipt of their online application and a phone call of introduction reviewing the application process.
- If you have not visited Thames yet, we will help you schedule a visit and an interview. Email Jamie Romeo, VP of Enrollment Management at email@example.com or 860-701-3530 to learn more.
- When your application is complete, it will be reviewed. Applicants are selected with holistic consideration of their records. If follow-up questions arise, you may be contacted by a member of the Admissions team.
- Decision notifications are sent on a rolling basis as soon as an admission decision is made (typically 2-3 weeks from the time of submission of the completed application).
- You are welcome to contact us any time during and after the admission process at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-443-2811. We appreciate staying in close touch with you to provide the best possible advice concerning your decision and subsequent plans.