NEW: Early Action Option! Apply by November 15 and Get Your Decision by December 1.
Whether you apply via the Common App, or our Mobile App, with a complete application submitted by November 15, 2020, we’ll get your Early Action decision to you by December 1, 2020! This is a great way for accepted students to secure their spot in the Mariner family!
Apply to Mitchell College for Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 via the Common App at https://commonapp.org.
Apply to Thames!
Apply to Thames for Fall 2021 via the Common Application and express your interest in Thames.
Veterans and Military Connected Students
Admissions Deadlines & Requirements
ROLLING ADMISSION – Mitchell College follows a rolling admission policy. Applications will be reviewed as they become complete and decisions will be sent to the applicant within three weeks after review.
EARLY ACTION ADMISSION – Mitchell College also offers an Early Action option. For complete applications submitted by November 15, 2020 decision will be sent to the applicant by December 1, 2020.
Students who wish to attend Mitchell College to earn a degree, whether a new student, transfer student, full time, or part time must apply for admission. All applicants must submit:
- Application for Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 via the Common Application or the Mobile App.
- Official High School Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation – additional recommendations are welcome
- Official College or University Transcripts – transfer students only
Note: Mitchell College is a “test optional” school. Standardized test scores are not required!
International students may now apply for Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 via the Common App or the Mobile App. Please note that in addition to your application, the following additional items are required for all non-U.S. citizens or green card holders.
- A translated copy of secondary (or higher secondary) schoolwork if originals are not in English.See www.wes.org for credential evaluation.
- Documentation of English language proficiency. If English is not your first language, you must submit official documentation of English language proficiency. Mitchell College will accept one of the following as documentation of proficiency. The score submission must come from your guidance office or testing service.
- TEST OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (TOEFL) exam – a score of at least 71 on the IBT is required;
- English Language School (ELS) – an official score report based on completion of a program;
- SAT or ACT examination – An official score report of the Critical Reading and Writing components of the SAT or ACT exam;
- Advanced Placement International English Language Exam (APIEL) – a score of 3 or higher is required to be considered for admission.
- Note: Mitchell College’s reference number for the TOEFL and the SAT exam is 3528; ACT is 0572.
- Declaration of Finances: An affidavit of financial support and official bank statement demonstrating the ability to meet the educational and living expenses (approximately $51,450) required for one year of study in the United States. This must be submitted before an I-20 visa is issued to you by Mitchell College. Please complete and submit the International Financials Form to declare finances.
If you have left Mitchell College for reasons other than an approved leave of absence you must complete the Mitchell College Re-enrollment Application. You do not need to complete any other application. If you did course work at another institution during your absence you need to submit official transcripts from that institution along with your application.
Text questions to: 860-910-1052
The campus is so supportive--students, faculty and staff. They are really here to help you and make you the best student you can be.
Class of 2016, Liberal & Professional Studies