Parent & Family Programs
It Takes a Village (And a Family)
Parents and families have been part of their child’s academic journey from the beginning. At Mitchell, they continue to play an important role in our College community. Support from parents and families helps students with their emotional and academic wellbeing. There are a number of ways that you can become involved.
Join the Parent & Family Leadership Advisory Council
By joining the Parent and Family Leadership Advisory Council you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the life of the college.
The Council members serve in leadership capacities with their time, expertise and resources to enhance the student and parent experience.
Leadership Involvement Opportunities
- Members of the advisory council provide feedback to Mitchell’s president and staff on areas of interest or concern to all parents
- Work with the Advancement Office to encourage other parents to support the Parent Fund
- Assist in recruiting new Council members
- Call or email other parents to thank them for their gift to the College
- Encourage other parents to join the Leadership Council
- Serve as an Ambassador for Mitchell College
If you would like to join the Parent and Family Leadership Advisory Council, please fill out our Volunteer Form. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Kim Hodges, Director of Advancement, at 860-701-3515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be an Ambassador
Are you looking for ways to support the mission of Mitchell College? Consider our Ambassador program. Below are some of the many ways to become involved.
- Welcome parents of new students to the Mitchell College community through regional send-offs, receptions and move–in day
- Host and/or attend regional development events
- Assist the Office of Admissions at college fairs, gatherings or other events
- Share your family’s Mitchell experience
- Offer career and internship guidance to students
Please contact Kim Hodges, Director of Advancement at email@example.com or 860-701-3515 if you would like to become a parent volunteer or for more information.
Support the Parent & Families Fund
The Annual Parent and Families Giving Fund provides the college with flexible monies that can be used to address Mitchell students’ most immediate needs. Financial aid, campus improvement and student-life programs all benefit from parental support.
Nov. 17, Friday, S24 Registration ends
Nov. 21, Tuesday, Last day of classes before Thanksgiving Break
Nov. 22–26, Thanksgiving Break for Students (Res. Halls close at noon on Wed., Nov. 22, and re-open at noon on Sun., Nov. 26)
Dec. 7, Thu., Last day of classes before the final examination period
Dec. 11–15, Mon-Fri., Final Examination Period
Dec. 15, Friday Residence Halls close at 5:00 p.m.
Thank you for your support of the Class of 2023 via the “Greeting for Grad Seating.” Through your gifts, all 125 graduating Mitchell College students received a message of encouragement or inspiration. Our graduating seniors were moved by your generosity and your kind words. In addition, many students received a commemorative pin to wear during commencement and beyond.
Your donations benefited the North Star Scholarship, which supports the next cohort of Mitchell graduates. If you were not able to participate this year to honor the class of 2023, but would like to donate to the North Star Scholarship, please make your donation here.