Select Page

Padin Named Business Operations Manager for Auxiliary Services

Keith Padin, business operations manager for Mitchell's auxiliary services

Mitchell College recently named Keith Padin as business operations manager for the college’s auxiliary services. In his role, Padin will oversee dining services, rentals and event engagement, including operations of Michael’s Dairy and The Red Barn.

Padin most recently served as communications, sales and operations manager for A Thyme to Cook catering in North Stonington, where he led marketing initiatives, guided clients on event planning and contributed to the creation of company policies and procedures. Prior to that, he worked as marketing and hospitality manager for Fort Hill Farms in Thompson, Conn., and Jones Family Farms in Shelton, Conn. He studied communications at the University of Connecticut.

Dr. Tracy Y. Espy, president of Mitchell College, said, “We are excited for Keith to bring his experience and knowledge to this position at Mitchell College. At Mitchell we practice radical hospitality, welcoming everyone to our campus, from our diverse body of learners to our neighbors enjoying Michael’s Dairy. Beyond providing an excellent education to our students, we are fortunate to offer many of the facilities around our beautiful campus for public use. I know Keith will do a superb job connecting with and accommodating community requests.”

“I’m very excited to help reconnect the community back to Mitchell and all we have to offer here. From our legendary scoops of ice cream at Michael’s Dairy, a baseball tournament on our fields, an amazing wedding in The Red Barn or new Airbnb properties we’ll be offering soon, getting to see our neighbors here with us in New London is a special thrill. I’m honored Dr. Espy and my colleagues here at Mitchell have entrusted me with this mission, and I look forward to the adventure.” — Keith Padin