Recognized as a national leader for its innovative academic and residential support programs for almost 40 years, Mitchell is proud to introduce a new way for first-year students to build social, coping and academic skills to enhance learning while transitioning into college.
Easing the transition into college.
Moving to a new residence or city, leaving old friendships, routines and support…and establishing new ones…can be overwhelming. For some first-year students, navigating these challenges on your own, or within the context of a traditional first-year program, isn’t quite enough to ensure success. The Mystic Program is designed to bridge that gap.
As part of the Mystic residential cohort, students:
enroll in full-time Mitchell College classes, making them financial aid eligible
may optionally apply for academic support through the Bentsen Learning Center
have access to professional residential advisors who can provide in-depth support and communication with the cohort
work with a professional advisor who will help each student navigate their individual college experience
The Mystic Program offers students unique skills building opportunities
The Mystic Program instructs in five core competencies, each designed to enhance student success throughout your college career:
1. Self-Awareness – recognize one’s emotions, values, strengths, and area of challenge
2. Responsible Decision Making – make strong personal and social behavior choices
3. Relationship Skills – for positive relationships, group work, self-advocacy, and conflict resolution
4. Social Awareness – empathy & respect for all members of the Mitchell College community
5. Self-Management – manage emotion, behavior, time, and priorities to achieve goals
The Mystic Program is a fee-based program. Cost for the 2021/22 Academic Year:
- $3,998.50 per semester; $7,997 per year
Tuition, Room and Board are separate. Other fees may apply. For more information, visit mitchell.edu/cost-and-aid.
Recognized as a national leader for its innovative academic and residential support programs for almost 40 years, Mitchell College is proud to introduce The Mystic Program.
Connect with us to learn how you can be a part of Mystic in Fall 2021!
The Mystic Program is fee-based and available to first-year students Mitchell College students (space is limited). Contact Admissions for more information.