Fall 2021 and Campus Operations
*Plans are subject to change in accordance with public health conditions or guidance.
Here’s what you can expect as we open for Fall 2021:
- Classrooms will return to full occupancy and a fully in-person instruction model
- Residence halls will return to full occupancy
- Both indoor and outdoor gatherings will return to normal capacity, including athletic events
- Indoor face covering/mask policy and social distancing will be in effect for those who are unvaccinated; face coverings/masks are not required outdoors
- Building hours will be restored to pre-pandemic hours
- Signage on campus will change to be consistent with the latest CDC guidance
- Visitors may return to campus
- Domestic travel is allowed
- International travel is allowed in accordance with CDC guidelines, including possible testing and/or quarantine upon return and arrival
Get vaccinated! Submit your vaccination record by August 1.
For this full in-person experience to happen safely, Mitchell College will require all Mitchell and Thames students, both resident and commuter, to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine prior to returning to campus. See directions in the FAQ section below on how to submit your vaccination record.
Have a question about Fall 2021 campus operations? Review the FAQs below. If you don’t see the answer to your question, email email@example.com.
I'm a returning student. How do I submit my vaccination record to the College? Is there a deadline?
- Log into the CoVerified app either on your phone or computer
- If you haven’t already done so, update your CoVerified app
- Click on “Report”
- Click “Upload Vaccine Record” from the menu
- Click “Select Vaccine Type” and then click “COVID-19 Vaccine”
- Under “Date performed”, enter the date your vaccination was given (if the type of vaccination you were given included two doses, enter the final dose date)
- Under “Name of healthcare facility”, enter the name of the clinic or facility that administered your vaccine
- Under “Attachment,” click “Choose”. A menu will appear allowing you to choose how to add your record. You can:
- Load a file from device, which allows you to choose a file on your phone or computer
- Load image from device, which allows you to choose an image saved on your phone or computer
- Take a picture – perhaps the easiest way to add your record via your cell phone. Simply click this option, allow access to your camera, and your phone camera will open; take a photo of your record (ensure the entire record is visible in the picture)
- Click “Submit”
I'm an incoming student. How do I submit my vaccination record to the College? Is there a deadline?
Incoming new students: if you haven't already submitted your COVID-19 vaccination record to us, here are the steps:
- Scan or take a picture of your completed COVID-19 vaccination record/card (2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna/1 dose of Johnson & Johnson)
- Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “COVID-19 Vaccination Card”:
- the image of your completed COVID-19 vaccination record/card
- your full name and date of birth
- the name of the clinic or facility that administered your vaccine
- the date your vaccination was given (if the type of vaccination you were given included two doses, enter the final dose date)
Are there any restrictions for vaccinated or unvaccinated students?
Mitchell is requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for students to return to campus. For the small number of students who apply for and are granted a vaccine exemption (email email@example.com for a vaccine exemption request form; forms must be submitted by August 1, 2021), the campus experience will look a little different. Unvaccinated students must:
- Submit to the CoVerified app, a negative SARSCOV2 viral PCR test result, taken within 72 hours prior to their first day on campus
- Wear a face covering when in all indoor spaces outside of the privacy of their room/home
- Maintain social distancing when in all indoor spaces
- Get tested weekly for COVID-19 on campus through Health and Wellness
- Self-report their temperature and symptoms daily, using the CoVerified health tracker application
All members of the Mitchell College community are expected to demonstrate social responsibility by following public health guidelines.
Do I need to wear a face covering/mask?
Unvaccinated students, faculty and staff must wear a face covering or mask when in all indoor spaces outside of the privacy of their room/home.
Face coverings/masks are not required outdoors.
Will there be regular on-campus Covid testing?
Regular on-campus weekly testing for Covid-19 through Health and Wellness is required for unvaccinated students, faculty and staff. Scheduling will be done through the CoVerified app.
Will I need to self-report symptoms?
Only* unvaccinated students, faculty and staff must monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 and report their health status daily through the Co-Verified app.
*Subject to change in accordance with public health conditions or guidance.
Requesting an exemption
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an exemption request form. You must submit the completed exemption request form by August 1, 2021 to be considered. Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Submission of the request form does not mean that an exemption will be approved automatically. Vaccines are safe and effective and crucial to helping return to pre-pandemic normalcy. Immunization against COVID-19 allows for increased on-campus activities this fall semester and, once the majority of the population is vaccinated, greatly reduces the risk of transmission.
Get Ready for Fall 2021!
Getting vaccinated is our best “shot” at a more normal campus experience! Go get your vaccination, then check out the fun things you can look forward to at Mitchell this fall…