Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA)
The 2021 Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) was approved by Congress and signed into law to provide economic relief from COVID-19. Part of the CRRSAA established the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) which includes support for higher education, including emergency grants for students facing expenses related to the pandemic.
As of March 18, 2021, Mitchell College has received $1,036,072 of which $308,264 is designated for emergency grants for eligible students. The student emergency grants must be used for any component of the student’s cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or child care. The remaining funds are designated for use by the institution to cover expenses related to COVID-19.
Mitchell students eligible for this HEERF2/CRRSAA Grant were notified via email survey on April 14, 2021. On this survey, eligible students may choose one of three award options:
- apply their award to their current or future student balance;
- receive their award via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to their bank account; OR
- receive a check by mail.
Eligible students have until 4/25/21 to respond to the survey; if there is no student response by 4/25/21, a check will be mailed to the student address on file.
Funds will start to be released the week of 4/26/21 – 4/30/21.
The student may decline the award by sending the written request by email to email@example.com. The student will return the grant to the Office of the Bursar by making a payment to their student account.
- Students must maintain the minimum requirements of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Students with the greatest documented need using the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) from the2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be prioritized. Additionally, awards will be prorated based on the number of hours the students were enrolled, as of March 18, 2021, based on the chart below.
- Mitchell College Financial Aid Office will verify eligibility in accordance with HEERF2/CRRSAA.
- Amount: Awards to each student will be determined by the following charts: