Last updated 11/29/2023
This page explains the COVID-19 protocols that are currently in place for the Mitchell College campus community, which includes those living, learning and working on campus. As always, we follow guidelines from our local health district and the CDC. Our policies are subject to change based on local positivity rates or changes in public health guidance. The health and safety of our campus is paramount, and we thank you for your support and cooperation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
All students are required to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine.
- You are fully vaccinated when you have received all doses in the primary series (1-2 doses, depending on maker).
- Boosters are recommended to stay up to date with added protection against the virus.
You may submit a request for a religious or medical exemption from the vaccination requirement using the exemption application.
Proof of Vaccination
Prior to returning to campus, students must submit proof of vaccination or exemption to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time the campus and buildings are open to visitors. This is subject to change based on local positivity rates and health guidance.
Questions? Please contact CRTeam@mitchell.edu.
At this time, there is no requirement for students to submit a negative test to return to campus. It is recommended, however, that you test prior to returning to campus. If you test positive, stay home.
Symptoms and Exposure
If You Are Unvaccinated
- Test immediately and continue to monitor for symptoms. Test again in 2 to 3 days, even if not symptomatic. If symptoms develop, quarantine and test again ASAP.
If You Are Vaccinated
- You do not need to test unless you are symptomatic. Continue to monitor for symptoms. If symptoms develop, quarantine and test ASAP.
Wear A Mask
- Unvaccinated and vaccinated people are required to wear a mask until testing negative.
- Students must isolate for five days. Following isolation, a mask must be worn for five additional days.
In general, masks are not required on campus at this time. It is the right of an individual to decide if he/she/they wish to wear a mask and that decision will be respected. Mandatory masking requirements will be adjusted based on rates of transmission on campus or in our local community. As best practice, always carry a mask with you.
We strongly encourage the wearing of masks at the Health and Wellness Center.