Apply Today | Find Out in 3 Weeks!
We’re awaiting your application!
Applications are now being accepted for our Thames at Mitchell College Fall 2018 incoming class and for a few spots for Spring 2018. We follow a rolling admissions policy, continuing to accept applications until the class is full. Applications will be reviewed after they are complete and decision notifications will be sent within two to three weeks after review.
Thames enrolls about 65 students per year. Mid-year admissions may be allowed when space is available.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early and to complete their file by March 1.
- Register as a Thames applicant at your application portal: https://admissions.mitchell.edu/apply/.
- Submit the following to your application portal:
- A copy of the most recent IEP or 504 Plan
- Secondary school transcripts and if applicable, college transcripts
- At least one letter of recommendation, preferably from a guidance counselor or teacher
- Unedited writing sample or college essay. Your writing sample should be a sample of your writing. It’s fine to go back and edit your own work but do not include work that has been edited by someone else.
- Comprehensive diagnostic assessment including:
- Results from the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV), the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-IV), or other comprehensive cognitive tests, such as the Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Abilities. Test results should be accompanied by a narrative report and subtest scores and;
- Results from an individually administered achievement test (e.g., Woodcock-Johnson, WIAT) indicating current levels in reading, written language, and math.
- Statement from parent or guardian discussing their student’s:
- Social skills
- Capacity to live independently
- Medication plan and compliance level
- Concerns related to the transition from high school
- Future aspirations
Upload all Application documents to your application portal or mail directly to the College:
437 Pequot Avenue
New London CT 06320
- Schedule your on-campus interview. Applicants are required to participate in an on-campus interview by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Because we receive a high volume of applications each semester, families are encouraged to tour the campus and meet with Admissions early in their search.
What to Expect After You Apply for Admission
- Applicants will receive an acknowledgement email confirming receipt of their online application and a phone call of introduction reviewing the application process.
- If you have not visited Thames yet, we will help you schedule a visit and an interview. Email our Managing Director of Student Relations and Thames Admissions Representative, Jacqueline Jewett, at email@example.com or 860-701-5457 to learn more.
- When your application is complete, it will be reviewed. Applicants are selected with holistic consideration of their records. If follow-up questions arise, you may be contacted by a member of the Admissions team.
- Decision notifications are sent on a rolling basis as soon as an admission decision is made (typically 2-3 weeks).
- You are welcome to contact us any time during and after the admission process at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-443-2811. We appreciate staying in close touch with you to provide the best possible advice concerning your decision and subsequent plans.