Text questions to: 860-910-1052
Students who wish to attend Mitchell College to earn a degree, whether attending full time or part time must apply for admission.
We welcome transfer students! Find out more at mitchell.edu/transfer.
Apply for Spring 2018 or Fall 2018 via the Common App now at https://commonapp.org.
Apply to Mitchell College now through December 1, 2017 on The Common App and we will waive the application fee! *You must choose “Future Mariner 2018” in the Mitchell College application fee waiver section on the Common App to qualify for the fee waiver.
ROLLING ADMISSION – Mitchell College follows a rolling admission policy. Applications will be reviewed as they become complete and decisions will be mailed to the applicant within two to three weeks after review.
All applicants must submit:
- Application for Spring 2018 or Fall 2018 via the Common App now at https://commonapp.org.
- Official High School Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation – additional recommendations are welcome
- Official College or University Transcripts – transfer students only
Note: Mitchell College is a “test optional” school. Standardized test scores are not required!
Please note the following additional items are required for all non-U.S. citizens or green card holders.
- A translated copy of secondary (or higher secondary) schoolwork if originals are not in English. See www.wes.org for credential evaluation.
- Documentation of English language proficiency. If English is not your first language, you must submit official documentation of English language proficiency. Mitchell College will accept one of the following as documentation of proficiency. The score submission must come from your guidance office or testing service.
- TEST OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (TOEFL) exam – a score of at least 71 on the IBT is required;
- English Language School (ELS) – an official score report based on completion of a program;
- SAT or ACT examination – An official score report of the Critical Reading and Writing components of the SAT or ACT exam;
- Advanced Placement International English Language Exam (APIEL) – a score of 3 or higher is required to be considered for admission.
- Note: Mitchell College’s reference number for the TOEFL and the SAT exam is 3528; ACT is 0572.
- Declaration of Finances: An affidavit of financial support and official bank statement demonstrating the ability to meet the educational and living expenses (approximately $45,000) required for one year of study in the United States. This must be submitted before an I-20 visa is issued to you by Mitchell College. Please download and mail the International Student Financial Statement Form to declare finances.
If you have left Mitchell College for reasons other than an approved leave of absence you must complete a re-enrollment application. If you did course work at another institution during your absence you need to submit official transcripts from that institution along with your application.
Text questions to: 860-910-1052
How will you find your fit at Mitchell?Take our quick quiz to find out!
The campus is so supportive--students, faculty and staff. They are really here to help you and make you the best student you can be.
Class of 2016, Liberal & Professional Studies