2020 has brought us more than we could have expected…
…a global pandemic, critical dialog around racial justice, and an upheaval in our educational systems. Meanwhile, we continue to experience important milestones in our daily lives – graduations, birthdays, moving away from home, and even personal losses.
The mission of the Mitchell College Archives is to preserve the stories of our community: the unique experiences of our Mariners, whether on- or off-campus. We invite you to share with us for inclusion in our digital collections…
- written stories
- audio recordings
- journal entries
- other expressions
If it’s important to you in 2020, we want to hear about it!
Members of the Mitchell Mariner community – current students, alumni, faculty or staff (current or former), parents or anyone connected to Mitchell College…
Tell us your story and we will preserve it for years to come.
Ideas and Prompts
Your expression is your choice.
You may choose your preferred method for documenting your experience. Some options include:
- Writing in a journal
- Recording voice memos
- Participating in a recorded interview with a College Archives intern; email email@example.com
- Saving your social media posts
- Taking photos and/or videos
- Interviewing friends or family members
- Creating multimedia works of digital storytelling
Please comply with all local, state, and federal laws, including social distancing guidelines, while documenting your experience.
Terms of Donation and Use
Non-exclusive Distribution and Preservation Terms
You must be 18 years of age or older to submit material.
The gift submitted via this form is given to Mitchell College Archives to become part of the Mitchell College Library (Library) subject to the following terms.
By accepting these terms, you still retain copyright to your work and do not give up the right to submit the work to publishers or other repositories. If you are not the copyright owner, you represent that the copyright owner has given you permission to donate the work.
By accepting these terms, you grant to the Library the non-exclusive right to reproduce, translate, and distribute the submission, including the descriptive information (metadata) and abstract, in any format or medium worldwide and royalty-free, including, but not limited to, publication over the Internet.
When provided, the Library will clearly identify your name(s) as the author(s) or copyright owner(s) of the submission as well as the name(s) of the copyright owner(s) if different from your name(s), include a statement of your copyright, and will not make any alteration, other than as allowed by these terms, to your submission.
You agree that the Library may translate the submission to any medium or format for the purposes of security, back-up, preservation, and access. You agree that Mitchell College may make multiple copies of the submission for the purposes of security, back-up, preservation, and access.
The Library reserves the right to make final decisions regarding inclusion of your donation in the digital collection. Further, the Library reserves the right to appropriately dispose of materials that, after receipt, are deemed unsuitable for the collection.
Materials included in the Share Your Story collection that are made available to the general public will be designated with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC 4.0). This license will allow others to remix, adapt, and build upon items in the collection non-commercially. They are required to acknowledge the original creator and their resultant work must be non-commercial. For commercial uses, they would need to contact the Mitchell College Library to obtain permission.
Representation and Warranty
I, the Donor, represent and warrant that
- I have the right to grant the rights detailed above.
- This submission does not, to the best of my knowledge, infringe on anyone’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- If the submission contains material for which I do not hold copyright and that exceeds fair use, I have obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright owner to grant the Mitchell College Library the rights required by this agreement and that such third-party owned material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the text or content of the submission.
- The submission does not contain any confidential information, proprietary information of others or export controlled information.
- There are not any restrictions or required publication delays on the distribution of the submission by the Library.
- The information I provide about the submission is accurate.
- I understand that if copyright terms for, or ownership of, the submission change, it is my responsibility to notify the Library of these changes.
I agree to hold harmless Mitchell College, and respective employees, agents, and students from and against any claims that I may have related to my participation in this program.
Acknowledgment of Persons Featured
I acknowledge that
any and all people featured in the materials have granted me their permission to record or photograph them and submit the files to the Mitchell College Library.
Personally Identifiable Health Information and Disclaimer
I understand and agree that
the submitted material may contain sensitive personal information about me, including personal health information, and that this information may be archived and shared as described above. I agree not to include the personal health information of others.
Please direct all questions about this project to firstname.lastname@example.org.