Text questions to: 860-910-1052
This Summer: Stop by for a Treat or Meal On-site, or Order To-Go by Phone or Online !
Summer Hours | Check out our Breakfast and Lunch Menu!
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am-10:00pm
Location: Right next to the Red Barn: 629 Montauk Avenue, New London, CT 06320 | 860-443-2464
Summer 2021 Menu Features…
We welcome you to come and taste authentic New England old fashioned ice cream, brand new coffee and tea options, as well as our fall light breakfast and lunch selections!
- 32 Ice Cream flavors
- 3 Vegan Offerings
- PLUS Toppings, Sundaes, Milkshakes, Floats, Spritzers and Pupscicles for your canine friend!
- Mariners Blend coffee, specialty coffee drinks (Lattes, Mocha Lattes, Hot Chocolate, etc.) and Teatulia Organic Teas
- Light Breakfast and Lunch items such as:
- Muffins and Bagels
- Hot Breakfast Quesadillas and Sandwiches
- Lunch: Fresh Salads and mouthwatering Sandwiches and Wraps
Ways to Visit
- You may order online or on site and take your order with you to enjoy at home.
- You may eat or drink indoors in our newly remodeled space.
- You may eat or drink outdoors as weather cooperates:
- Choose our gazebo or one of our indoor or outdoor tables.
- Bring your own portable lawn seating and set up a family and friends picnic area.
- To help keep our community safe, there will be no picnic tables or Adirondack chairs on the lawn.
Michael’s Dairy has a long history in New London. Previously known as Mitchell Dairy it provided milk to most of the city. Michael Buscetto started working for Mitchell Dairy manager Roland Allen when he was just nine years old. In 1938, the Mitchell family donated much of the adjoining estate to a group of community-minded New Londoners to establish a college, now known as Mitchell College in honor of the family’s generosity, and becoming a neighbor to the dairy. The Buscetto family acquired the dairy and its property in 1943 and renamed Mitchell Dairy to the present name. Michael’s Dairy was the last milk processing dairy in New London having continued the tradition into the 1970s. Mitchell College purchased Michael’s Dairy from the Buscetto family in 2006 and still offers delicious ice cream in New London.