Enrollment Checklists for Accepted Students
To be fully enrolled, all students must:
- Check your portal often! This is where you’ll find important updates in your journey to becoming fully enrolled. Login at https://admissions.mitchell.edu/apply/status.
- Sign and submit Financial Responsibility Form. Parent signature required if student is under 18.
- Submit Student Health Form: To be completed by student and doctor. A physical must be dated within 12 months prior to the beginning of the fall semester. Student Health Form must include vaccination record.
- Complete the online Student Survey (in your portal)
- Complete a Writeplacer Test on campus: determines your placement in Freshman English. Students who do not complete the Writeplacer will automatically be enrolled in Developmental English. Writeplacer tests will be available to take during orientation.
- Submit Housing Request through eRezLife. Link is also in your portal; login information will be sent via email. Application closes June 30.
- Complete Insurance Waiver: If you have insurance through a parent or the state that will cover you in Connecticut you will WAIVE the school’s insurance policy; otherwise you will ENROLL in the school’s policy. (This waiver goes live on June 1, 2019 and the deadline for completion is July 1, 2019).
- Varsity Athletes must submit NCAA Health Forms. A physical must be dated within 6 months of the start of the sports season in which you are participating. Forms and more information at http://www.mitchellathletics.com/athletics/Sports_Medicine/index.
Academic/Disability Student Services Support
Submit Application for the Bentsen Learning Center – BLC including required documents. The BLC is an optional fee-based academic support program for students with documented learning differences. Learn more about the Bentsen Learning Center. For Fall 2019 BLC enrollment, the deadline to submit BLC application is May 1, 2019.
Submit Disability Services Request for Services Form and necessary documentation to the Disability Student Services Office (applicable to any student needing classroom or living accommodations due to a disability). For more information, please visit the Disability Student Services page.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if you are interested in obtaining need based financial aid, either from federal and state resources or Mitchell College’s own funds. For questions, please contact our Financial Aid Office at 800-443-2811.
- Sign and submit your Financial Aid Award Letter within 2 weeks of receipt. Financial aid will not be applied to your bill until the award letter is returned.
- Complete and Submit Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Notes for any federal loans. For information, visit www.studentloans.gov.
- Submit Financial Aid Verification Documents. Visit your Mitchell College Portal to see if this applies to you.