Campus Community Announcements & Calendar
Mitchell College Convocation 2019
Thursday, August 29 | 4pm in the Clarke Center
Convocation is a time for our community to celebrate the start of the academic year and welcome our newest Mitchell class.
- Be welcomed by Interim Co-President, Dr. Catherine Wright, and addressed by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Jennifer Ryley Welsh, and the SGA President, Hadeel Oadeh
- Become part of Mitchell College history as they sign the Class Book
- Together, read aloud the Class Pledge
- Recess to the steps of Duques Center to have their class photo taken (to be repeated at Commencement 2023!)
- Listen as we ring the College bell 23 times to signify the start of the academic year and to welcome the Class of 2023
The class photo will be taken directly following the ceremony on the steps of Duques. All first-year students are asked to wear their Anchors Aweigh shirt or a white shirt to Convocation. Faculty, staff and other members of the Mitchell community can wear red to show their Mariner spirit!
You are invited to join us for Fall Weekend on Saturday, October 5, along with many other Mitchell and Thames students, families, faculty/staff, and alumni! Check-in will begin at 9am, and we have an entire day of fun activities planned for you extending into the evening.
Opening Week: Anchors Aweigh! is for all New Students August 29-September 3. Opening Week is a fun and entertaining welcome week of events planned by Campus Life that will get you transitioned into college life in an awesome way! You’ll get to know your incoming classmates, learn the ropes around campus, and much more! Opening Week: Anchors Aweigh! is for all new students, whether you’re residing on or off campus. View the schedule and read more here.
Grad Fair 11:00 am
Thames End of Year Celebration 10:30 am
Thames End of Year Celebration @ Red Barn
May 4 @ 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Thames End of Year Celebration in the Red Barn at Mitchell College, 10:30am-12pm All Class of 2018/19 Thames students and their families are invited to gather as a community to celebrate the year’s accomplishments! RSVP[...]
LAUNCH! 5:30 pm